Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Arizona Fourth of July

I know we're crazy but we spent the week of the 4th of July in Arizona with our son Jared and his family. Thanks to my husband's sister Marsha we were able to ride down in an air-conditioned car. Just before we left our radiator and air conditioner in our car blew up. We fixed the radiator but the air conditioning proved to be too expensive and since the heater still works we opted out on having the air fixed. We were very comfortable in Arizona though because every place has air conditioning which isn't always the case in our city. We have had record heat here though and I actually was more comfortable in Arizona.

We always have fun when we visit our grandkids! Here we are playing a game. We had to guess what the picture on our head was. Pretty hilarious at times!




Crafts are always a favorite with my granddaughters. Jordan and I made headbands.

 Then Jordan, Breana and I made pot holders. Remember those weaving kits with the stretchy things? They still have them and it was still fun!

I bought a book of fairy crafts quite awhile ago and it is the book most requested by my granddaughters. I discovered that they are very disappointed if I don't bring it. This visit we decided to make unicorns

We barbecued on the fourth. Okay, Jared did. He's the grillmaster. Thanks for all the yummy food! (including the trip to Ricardo's for Mexican food and Big Wa for the best Chinese food ever!)

 This is Veronica's brother with his two sons. His family and Veronica's mom came and celebrated with us. I love her mom, she is so enthusiastic!


Jared loves fireworks, especially setting them off. Now that they are legal in Arizona we had quite the fireworks show!

We have had a great summer even though it's been hot. Thank goodness it cools off at night. Right now I am home with my windows open and I can hear my grand-kids outside swimming in their little pool. I love the sounds of summer. Every now and then I hear the yap of a puppy. Yes, my son brought home a puppy. His name is Bentley because he has a bent tail and probably because I got all bent out of shape when they brought him home without asking me! One good thing about him is that our granddaughters spend a lot of time with the dog and I'm not entertaining them as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment