Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cows, Cows, Cows


Allan and I took our granddaughters to the county fair. I had to take a picture of the cows since I have been feverishly trying to finish the quilt top in time to send it to the quilter. I am entering it in a show called Cow Stampede.

Lillee and Chaylee with the cows (well, calves.)
Aren't they adorable?
We had to check out the pigs because our granddaughters wanted to see if they could find Charlotte.
I just threw this picture in because I thought it was so cute. We went to the park the day after the fair.
While I was appliqueing my quilt I randomly selected a book from my grandchildren's book basket. I didn't even look at it. I placed it under my quilt so I could have a steady surface to sew on. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the book out from under the quilt and saw that I had randomly chosen the book Cows in the Kitchen!
Then the next night at the dinner table my granddaughter was playing with a word flip book and this is the page she was on. The word cow  in four languages!
Finally on Monday, I finished the top. Just in time to mail it to the quilter. I finished it in two weeks! And my granddaughters were with us 80% of the time. I stayed up a lot of nights until 2:00 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. It's adorable. I can' wait to see the quilting and then the embellishments you are going to add. It has so much life and fun.

    ReplyDelete