Saturday, June 4, 2011

CREATING A HOME EVERYDAY


A couple of weeks ago I went to Barnes and Noble and found a book titled A Daily Creativity Journal-Make Something Everyday and Change Your Life by Noah Scalin. I decided I needed something to do so I bought the book and decided that starting June 1 I would design and make a house everyday thus my theme: Creating a Home a Day. I've always loved making a home so thought this theme would be fitting. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to make a different home everyday but I can't sleep at night for thinking of ideas. Anyway, I started and so far am on schedule. The houses above are pieced but not quilted. I framed them for a gift for my cousin Carolyn. The four houses sewn together finish at 5 inches by 7 inches so those pieces are tiny!







House #2 is made from an empty Cheerios box. Carolyn and her sister Linda came over for Carolyn's birthday and we all got involved in my house a day project.














Mine, Carolyn's and Linda's houses

















Houses Day 3-I like to draw on envelopes and then when I write to my grandkids I send my letters in my illustrated envelopes. The "flying houses" are address and return address spaces obviously.















When I went to photograph my envelopes for day 3 I realized that with the flap open an envelope looks like a house. So for day 4 an envelope house! (My photography is bad-I guess I am going to have to get better but I typed the word roof for the roof, window for the windows, etc.)

























No comments:

Post a Comment