Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14-CREATING A HOME EVERYDAY

Day 14-Today I decided I could sew up a house quilt block in a manageable time frame. I decided to look on line to see if there were any patterns. I found a picture of a quilt that was done as a block exchange. All the houses were "wacky houses." I decided I likes that idea and promptly designed and made a "wacky house" block. These are way fun because they can be as wacky as I want. I paper pieces it which didn't work everywhere so I ended up having to turn some edges under and sew it by hand. The background fabric is fabric I have had for years! It's blue sky with clouds and spider webs of all things. I will probably design lots more wacky houses and make more squares (they are eight inch squares) because I can always make them into a quilt for one of my nine granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment