Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 8 and 9-CREATING A HOME EVERYDAY

Day 9-Well, this house on my pillow took me longer than I thought it would. I worked on it yesterday and today. Thank goodness I went to the thrift store yesterday and bought myself a house! A barn, actually. So for Day 8 I took a picture of my new house.


Part of the reason I didn't get much done on my house for the pillow design is that I worked on getting our garden planted. I planted snow peas, radishes, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, basil, and thyme. Believe it or not we have a perennial carrot garden. My husband decided to do an experiement to see if the carrots would reseed themselves. They did and for the last 2 years we have had volunteer carrots. Enough for the neighborhood. We had to dig up part of them so we would have room for our new things. We also have chives and green onions that return every year. It is practically the middle of June and just now getting warm enough so that we don't have to worry about the tomatoes freezing. And our lilacs are just blooming. Crazy weather!











1 comment:

  1. Love all of your houses and your delicious garden!!

    ReplyDelete